Monday, July 02, 2007

i nearly died. for real.

Yesterday (Sat) was one of the rare times in recent months that I slept till 11am. Most other wkends, I tend to wake up by 9 just because I've been so conditioned to wake up at unearthly hours already. Anyway, I met up with Fabes for Katong laksa and then we had a nice time at Parkway again trying to get some good buys - namely an mp3 player - before July kicks in. Found Hama beads being sold there too, hurray!

I had the luxury of an evening all to myself after that, as the rest of the family was out. It being the 30th, NZ Natural ice-cream were going at 30% off (little-known promo... don't say I didn't share the news!), so I had my fave fruit flo. Got some sushi, and broccoli and tomatoes. And so I came back home to eat my sushi and whip up some salad. All my fave foods in one lazy, quiet evening. Mmm.

Reflecting on the past week, I guess the most eventful day was the day I [finally] broke down after a day at work. I mean, I've often gone "Wah I really feel like crying now" when things got too much (or so I thought) at work. But i've never actually ended up breaking down or crying. The most is that I'd be grumpy or super sian or have this ultra-stressed look on my face. But no actual action, u know?

But I suppose it was kinda breaking point, at last. I had just snapped at someone over the phone, and I also just found out that my pts were discharging one by one w/o me even managing to make it to see them. Oh, and my last pt of the day asked me what happened to me (he could see that I was quite stressed i think). I was feeling damn bad abt it all. Why have I turned into a snapping, irritable, glaring monster??

Crying offers sweet relief at times. And it did just that for me that day.

It has been a week of intense emotions, ups and downs, and the reminder time and again of God's goodness in so many ways - friends' encouragement, lovely laughter therapy, some really good sessions with my pts, etc.

So, what's my point? What's gotten into me? I seldom drone on abt the details of my week/day in such detail, don't i? I guess I'm in an uber reflective mode now, because I very nearly was unable to enjoy the Saturday as I described, and I very nearly lost the chance to see the situation at work ever improve.

Well. I had an extremely close shave with death or serious injury yesterday. To put it simply, a lorry very, very nearly hurtled itself headon from the right lane while i was on my way to fabia's. It was such a quiet nice leisurely drive. An area (private residential area) where NO ONE drives at like breakneck speed and attempts to go round a blind corner w/o stopping. But this was what the fella did! And, looking back in retrospect... it was quite surreal. Okay, so I'm a gd driver. I siam-ed just in time, and it so happened that there was a SPACE for me to siam. (u know how cars park by the side of the rd... heng there was a space lor...) But seriously lah. This was nothing but God's mercy and protection. Thank you Lord!!

The incident reminded me that I have a purpose in this life, and God being my creator and my sustainer, will not let His child come to harm as long as I have a purpose to fulfil in this temporary planet earth. And after that, yay!! I've got an eternity to look fwd to in heaven.

What a long entry. But what a week, indeed! :)

Speaking of purpose, you can check out www.purposedrivenlife.com. My church is going to run this purpose-driven life program soon too, so let me know if u're interested ok!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home