Sunday, February 12, 2006

testimony - the digital piano that dropped from heaven

Two weeks ago, my sister and I received a tremendous, tremendous blessing, in the form of a very precious Casio px100 digital piano! It is an 88-key beauty with weighted keys and hammer action keyboard. The story goes that my aunt's company had a lobang deal for this demo piece and was selling it off at super-clearance price. After we decided to get it, my aunt then told us to accept it as a gift from her. Isn't that sweet of her?? But more than that, isn't my God such an awesome God!!

I'm still amazed at the whole thing - how within 24hrs of getting to know about this lobang, the piano was literally plonked smack in the middle of my living room. If you ask me, i think it is just totally like... the piano dropped from heaven lor! =)

Ever since my Ignite days, I've had this little thought at the back of my head - "how nice it'd be if I could have a synthesiser at home too to practise my stuff" (you know... esp experimenting with all the different sounds and optimising the sounds). Just about exactly a year ago, after I had worked for a while already, there birthed in my heart a desire to seriously think about getting a synth or digital piano. Started looking around and asking around. Wah piang! They were all at least $1200. Many were at least $2k. ouch. A couple of years later, I thought. I'd save up for a while more first.

And now, now this precious px100 just dropped from heaven. What can express my thanksgiving and my amazement enough? I am humbled. In His own time, in His own way, my Jehovah Jireh has provided so abundant a blessing as this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

With all that You have given me, may I always use my musical training and musical instruments just for one thing alone - to give all glory, all honour and all thanksgiving to you and you alone, my God, my saviour, my Jehovah Jireh. Because only You deserve such whole-hearted worship!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home