put a smile on my face
I thank God for three things that made me smile at work on Friday.
On my way up to the wards, a nurse came into the lift accompanying a newborn baby that she was bringing up to the neonatal ward. That alone made me walk with a spring in my step the whole morning! A brand new life, a little one created and crafted lovingly by the Almighty Creator. Have you ever been in awe of the tiny toenails of babes?
Then a foreign patient of mine told his translator to tell me that he was very pleased with what I have been doing for him. It meant a lot to me esp since I had to problem-solve like crazy 3wks ago juz to dream up and fabricate a suitable splint for him. Thank you God for the encouragement!
At the end of the day after work, I visited a patient who has become a friend and spent a good 50min chatting with him. Almost late for my appointment after that! But I've always enjoyed talking with him and this was no exception. Thank you God for the people you've put in my path.
I read something this morning that made me think of how Christians can so easily get into the routine - or dare i say rut - of attending church on sundays, and maybe a bible study midweek, and maybe even another cell or prayer meeting on another day... and that's it. An activity-filled week indeed. Comfy Christian activities. But, really, that is not the heart of the gospel isn't it? Not at all. God's heart is always, always for the people. The people He has created and whom He yearns to relate to once again.
I have started to forget this and I do realise that I go about my life most of the time not seeing people thru God's eyes. As lost souls. I pray I will do this more this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home