Monday, February 19, 2007

a CNY to remember

So I will get to have my loooong rest after all, thru a series of dramatic events over the Chinese New Yr hols which i was initially looking fwd to so much. Some abdominal discomfort that started as I was taking the train back home after work on Saturday escalated into a sharp body-doubling pain on the right side. I mustered up enough courage to take in some lunch since it was THE CNY eve lunch although it was against the will of my body and duly puked everything out.

By then, I was pretty sure it warranted a visit to the a&e. After some very unglamourous tests, the decision was made (mainly by myself) to be admitted. Yes, my gut feeling (no pun intended) was that it was appendicitis.

By 9pm I was wheeled in to the theatre, got stripped of my remaining piece of jewellery (totally forgotten abt the toe ring, hah) and got my stomach cut open to remove the offending, and offended, body part.

And so I spent CNY day1 in a stupor of grogginess, feverish nausea, pain (since i vomitted out the painkillers) and stinking cuz i had not showered since friday night.

I still have no appetite and I can't walk with my back straight. I can look forward to 2 wks of MC now though, cuz I don't think my ab walls will like it very much if I transfer another heavy uncle anytime soon. But I sincerely pray that the team will get on fine, because I know stress levels have been escalating, which is also a contributing factor that I can point to that led to all this stuff happening. But I shall spare the graphic details here. You still wanna enjoy your CNY goodies. :p

All I wish for now is to be able to laugh without the pain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home