Thursday, April 19, 2007

appreciation

Ok... a sincere heartfelt 'thank you' to all who were pretty concerned after my last entry. I'm much better now and that's gd news. *yay!* I took measures to preserve my sanity, basically. Like having lunch at the correct time and chatting with the rest. Just... consciously caring more for myself lah. And it's working, thank God. So hey, next time I teeter on the brink of burnout again, poke me and remind me to do this ok? ;)

I guess it's not an entirely smooth week either. Events happened that made me think about what a world of difference it makes when we meet appreciative patients and family, versus ngiao, unreasonable and worst of all, unappreciative patients and family. I had two appreciative ones today and seriously, that's all the motivation we need sometimes to get through a busy, choc-a-bloc day. For once, someone actually realised that we do need to eat lunch too. (revelation: "we're humans too!") The patient's sister was shooing us away to get our lunch. hee. I don't know how to put it across, but now, i really realise that appreciation goes a long long way leh!

Most of the time, however, everyone expects us to be around 24h, to come in 5min when called, to work thru lunch, and worst, worst worst of all - to not charge for what we do?!?!?!?!? Sigh. what is this world coming to.

In the midst of it all, I thank God once again for my colleagues. hey - we're united. and behind u! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home