Friday, December 12, 2008

running the race


Once upon a time, I rolled my eyes at people who ran 10km weekly. Thought they were nuts. Ridiculously siao onz. Then somewhere along the way, I realised running was pretty nice to clear the mind. It was a solitary activity I enjoyed to spend time alone, thinking, while the legs moved on and on, feeling the wind through my hair and thanking God for the healthy pumping heart He blessed me with. During that time, I scoffed at people who joined marathons though. What for pay so much money to run with so many people when I can enjoy my solitary runs even more?!

Ok, so I take all that back now.

I did what I thought I'd never do... run the half marathon. Haha.

The 2 months of training has showed me that:
1) never say "I'll NEVER do this!" cuz you never know when you'll have to take it back!
2) i can be quite disciplined. (any free wkend or public holiday MORNING was spent running instead of nua-ing in bed. and i'm so not a morning person.) So, that also means i can apply this discipline to other areas in my life that i always claim lack of discipline as an excuse.
3) i am so blessed to have a companion (who else but my favourite guy!) to run the race with me. =)

What an experience! Certainly one of the highlights of this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home