Tuesday, May 16, 2006

friends

You know how they say that your uni friends will be among your closest friends for life? I can so understand why. Maybe I feel it more as an intl student. After all, we practically live together, eat together, breathe together, moan and whine together etc etc. Hee. I guess I’m in a reflective mood today, because I’m beginning to realize how close I am to finishing uni. And leaving here.

I've done it - I’ve put up the ad to sell off my guitar. *wince*. Currently that’s like... my first major step towards home. Semester officially finishes in 3 weeks. Yup… that’s when I no longer get to sit in tutes and lecs. Back to working life in no time. Mmm. I remember being reflective and all during my final weeks in NYP too, but I guess that was different cuz I always knew that I would be continuing in Oz. This time it’s really a this-is-IT feeling.

Today we also did something that we used to do quite a bit of last sem, which is to walk to the shops from chis and do our grocery shopping. I have not walked down that familiar path at all since November last year. What a familiar feeling. It would have been nice if I could have seen those three resident ducks in the moat again though. But didn’t see them today leh…

Thanx, gang, for all that you’ve been to me. We’ve shared so much together.

Discovered new places together.
Got lost together.
Perfected recipes together.
Indulged in chippies and monte and gelato together.
Moaned about our terrible diets together.
Griped about absurd tutors and the aussie system together.
Proof-read assignments together.
Braved the cold together.
Talked about our dreams together.
Filled each other in on good supermarket buys.
Stayed up till ridiculous hours together.
Just… been together.

Luv you all. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home