c'wealth games etc
It's been a week of ups and downs, no less. I probably felt the most homesick I've ever did so far... juz earlier in the week. Really dunno why! It juz hit hard suddenly. But my Art Therapy and Group therapy electives were actually very helpful in providing myself with much needed therapeutic interactions and reflections and expressions of my feelings. As always, I enjoy my electives the most, haha.
Wednesday night when the C'wealth Games opened, I watched it with frens over at my place. Never had such a real real slumber party before, heehee. Put 3 gals together and u get a lot of pigging out too. lolz. Well it wasn't a party party... we didn't even sleep that late, i think we're all too old to stay up really late. haha. The ceremony was a really big thing. Seeing the city erupt in a massive city-wide fireworks show and seeing all the touristy happening shots of melb made me feel proud of melb as my 2nd home (for now). Melb's really a cool place, and yeah, I'm grateful to be here, in spite of the down times when i still miss sg dearly.
And ooh... the peripheral FREE artsy festival is so darn good. Wish I could go catch all the performances every nite. Feel like staying in city juz to catch them!! haha. but ok tt's a silly idea. Well it's just Melb at its best I've seen it. Everyone out just soaking in the atmosphere (city is really packed!) and enjoying openair concerts in aircon-y temperature.
Then yest was the day I felt like a housewife. Clean house, do laundry, go market, cook soup, clean toilet, water garden, etc etc etc. Domesticated Saturday, lol.
What a week.
Go sg go in your c'wealth Games endeavours. I found our 'national fish' along the Yarra river! A giant model of... *drumroll*... a guppy! wahahaha.
I'm ready to continue my art journalling again. Couldn't do that for quite a few days cuz it depressed me further to find myself subconsciously doodling my reflections on missing home. But yup... i'm ready to do again. =)
That's also why i'm ready to blog again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home