essential encouragement
enable - to make able
ensure - to make sure
envision - to come up with a vision, to visualise
etc etc etc
And so, what does it mean to encourage?
e n / c o u r a g e
To put courage into.
I've never actually thought about it that way. Cool eh? This is what I'm gonna learn more about in the next 6 weeks at Monday Night Trainings at CU. All about encouragement!! Awesome stuff.
2 Chronicles 32:6-8 - Hezekiah encouraged the people to be strong and courageous. Essentially what his encouragement comprised of was simply to remind the people of the truth - that God is on our side.
Empty encouragement might mean telling pple 'everything will be fine' or 'don't worry, it'll work itself out'. Is that really gonna be helpful? or does it just sound nice to everyone's ears?
I want to learn to be a godly encourager!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home