Sunday, March 29, 2009

itchy, again

i love the tropical weather.
i love spending time in the great outdoors. walks, jogs, blades, picnics... you name it.
i also belong to the minority of eczema sufferers who do NOT outgrow it.

Put the three together, and it means very frequent eczema flare-ups each time i happily engage in sports in the sun, which i love!

Sigh.

Then again, I can see at least one good thing out of this. I have used my eczema condition as an analogy with my patients quite a few time. E.g. in the topics of short-term shiokness (feeding the itch) vs long-term benefits (like unscarred skin), being able to identify triggers, and basically acknowledging that it is a lifelong condition that probably won't get cured, but can be managed.

oh well... guess it has its uses. Now I just need to do all the CBT and MET techniques on myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous doc said...

please go for allergy testing.
there's treatment for allergies now.

31 March, 2009 02:08

 

Post a Comment

<< Home